Meal #1 :: Roasted Chicken Breast with Herbs, Carrots, and Red Potatoes
2 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, chopped
1 T poultry seasoning
4 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4 red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and set the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line a 10x12 inch pan with aluminum foil.
- Use the tip of a sharp boning or paring knife to cut 3 small slits into the side of each chicken breast; insert a slice of garlic into each slit.
- Mix the rosemary and poultry seasoning together and sprinkle evenly over the chicken.
- Arrange the breasts close together on the foil-lined pan. Place carrots and red potatoes in a bowl; toss with olive oil until evenly coated. Place in a single layer around chicken and fold up edges of foil approximately 1 inch.
- Cover and cook in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are fork tender. An instant-read thermometer should register 165 degrees.
Meal #2 :: Rainbow Trout with Yogurt Sauce and Broccoli Pasta
The Trout...okay, so I used Tilapia....
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1 shredded cucumber, 2 T chopped dill, 1 whole lemon juiced and zested, and 1 T extra virgin olive oil.. Mix well and set aside.
- Turn oven broiler on. Coat a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Broil for about 8 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. To serve spoon yogurt sauce over fish.
The Broccoli Pasta
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the linguini pasta and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still al dente. Drain.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add 3 T extra virgin olive oil and 1 T unsalted butter. Add 2 minced garlic cloves and cook 30 seconds. Add 2 lbs. broccoli pieces and stir. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Toss gently with pasta and serve topped with grated parmesan.
Meal #3 :: Chicken Stir Fry and Rice
- Slice (or dice) 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 stick of celery, 3 carrots, 1/2 onion, 10-15 edamame (no need to cut these, just remove the beans (or not)), and anything else you want.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the chicken and veggies.
- Add in 2 T soy sauce, 3 T lemon juice, dash of pepper, and a dash of chili flakes.
- Cook for about 14 minutes - or until veggies and chicken are done.
As for the rice, I just used Uncle Ben's Wild Rice which is beautifully contained in a microwavable bag, ready in 90 seconds....yeah, that counts as cooking....
Yet again, very tasty.
There was no meal #4 as Thanksgiving came up and slapped me in the stomach - right after the flu slapped me in the stomach for two days of no fun. But hey, I lost 9 pounds (yeah, that really doesn't count, does it).
I'm going to try to remember to take pictures of the meals - just to make these posts prettier.... :)